MCAS El Toro Air Show Lithographs
El Toro was commissioned in 1943 and first used for training combat pilots for World War II. Before it was decommissioned and officially closed in 1999, the station provided air support for the U.S. Marine Corps Pacific Fleet. Wedged between two freeways and surrounded by agricultural fields and suburban growth, the former MCAS El Toro is now being planned for a large urban park as well as homes and businesses. But in its prime, the station hosted some spectacular air shows. Paul was there often.
Limited edition prints, posters, and note cards are available in limited quantities for all years shown through 1996 and we have a poster for the 1997 Grand Finale, as well as a '96 patch. Visit the Posters, Apparel and Note Card Stores to see them all.